OFFRE D'EMPLOI ET DE STAGE
EASA is looking for an EU Affairs & Policy Officer Home
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA) is looking for a competent, hardworking, reliable, proactive and resourceful individual to join our Brussels based team as:
EU Affairs & Policy Officer
Reports to: Director of Operations and Director General
Location: EASA Offices, Brussels, Belgium
Duration: Fixed-term, part-time
Starting date: Immediately
- Help implement in collaboration with the Director of Operations and Director General EASA’s public affairs strategy
- Build up/maintain effective relationships with key policy makers
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders to raise the profile of EASA and the Ad SR Network
- Monitor the development of EU policy related to self-regulation
- Manage a wide range of issues relevant to EASA and its members in relation to their impact on advertising and advertising self-regulation
- Monitor the activities of the EU institutions and other relevant bodies and organisations (NGOs, industry stakeholders and WHO).
- Provide feedback timely intelligence and recommendations for action to relevant staff, EASA committees and members
- Develop and implement EASA commitments to relevant EU multi-stakeholder forums
Outreach and dissemination
- Raise the profile of EASA and advertising self-regulation representing EASA at relevant meetings with stakeholders and policy makers as well as in EU multi-stakeholder forums
- Organise events on policy issues, such as learning discussions or workshops, to support EASA’s public affairs activities and as training for members
- Write and regularly update EASA Policy & Position papers, issue briefs, Projects and Issues updates, news updates, letters and texts related to policy and ensure timely delivery of EASA’s Policy News Update to members
- Provide advice to the EASA project services team on relevant policy issues in relation to EASA surveys and monitoring projects, and support the external communication of the EASA projects, e.g. through presentations and at monitoring workshops
- Provide updates and advice on policy issues to the Communications Officer/Manager
- Develop the use of social media to support EASA’s public affairs activities
- Master level degree in economics, politics, communications or public policy. Other similar qualifications may also be considered
- Previous experience in a similar or EU related position
- Excellent understanding of EU institutions’ policy making process; a good network of contacts in the Brussels arena is an asset
- Strong communication and presentations skills, with the ability to translate complex issues into simple advocacy messages
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in English, fluency in at least another EU language
- Well-organised, keen attention to details, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure
- Result driven, quality and result oriented, willing to work in an international and multicultural environment
- An entrepreneurial outlook and solution-oriented attitude, able to prioritise and be diplomatic
What we offer
- A part-time position in a small, international team. Attractive benefits package.
- Opportunity to develop and grow.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send us your CV and cover letter (no more than 1 page). Please send both documents in pdf format to email@example.com with the subject line “Public affairs and policy Officer » by October 22, 2017.
Interviews will take place starting at the end of September; we seek to fill the position as soon as possible.
Due to the large amount of applications we will contact only selected candidates.
*EASA is established under Belgian law and that employment is within Belgian tax and social security system.
Offres de stage
Aucun stage à pourvoir pour le moment.